Today, in this article, let’s see some exciting digital marketing ROI statistics. Indeed, a few stats are sounds astonishing.
We all know that the majority of businesses started exploring the benefits of digital marketing.
I would say, not all the digital marketing campaigns are successfully monitored, analyzed, or optimized for the maximum results. From an improvement standpoint, it is super essential to measure the Return On Investment (ROI) of any digital marketing promotions.
Why don’t you skim through these statistics on digital marketing ROI to further streamline your marketing efforts? And, take the best yield indeed. However, you have got abundant digital marketing tools to get started.
- Digital Marketing ROI Statistics Top Picks
- Email Marketing ROI Statistics
- Social Media ROI Statistics
- Video Marketing ROI Statistics
- Artificial Intelligence ROI Statistics
- Mobile Marketing ROI Statistics
- Content Marketing ROI Statistics
- Voice Search Statistics
- Blogging ROI Statistics
- Paid Marketing ROI Statistics
- Influencer Marketing ROI Statistics
- CRO Statitics
- Digital Marketing Budget Statistics
- FAQ On Online Marketing ROI Statistics
What is digital marketing ROI?
Digital marketing ROI refers to the profit or loss value of digital marketing campaigns based on the amount of money you have invested in it.
What you have spent and what you have got out of using digital marketing strategies?
Obviously, digital marketing is on high demand for its significant ROI (high-quality leads), with minimal investment comparatively.
Digital Marketing ROI Statistics Top Picks
The digital marketing ROI stats listed here are surveyed by various statistical agencies, researchers, and webmasters.
Here, I’m presenting those to you.
Email Marketing ROI Statistics
- Email Marketing has a 4400% return on investment, on average.
- For every 1$ you invest in email marketing, it can return $42 (In 2019), which was $38 in 2018.
- 60% of marketers believe that email marketing is the most significant source of ROI.
- Performing A/B tests on your emails ensure a 37% increase in ROI than those never A/B tested.
- Email marketing has the highest return on investment for small businesses.
- The most common email type that marketers are likely to invest in is Promotional emails
- According to U.S. marketers polled in 2016, email marketing had a median ROI of 122%.
- Email outperforms other digital marketing tactics with a better return on investment.
- The A.I. personalized emails provide a 13.44% boost in CTR and a 41% increase in revenue.
Social Media ROI Statistics
- Facebook is the 1st highest ROI offering social channel, and Instagram is the 2nd.
- Twitter has the lowest ranking ROI driver for ad buyers in the United States in 2017.
- Twitter is among the top three social channels used by marketers with the highest ROI.
- A study by Statista in 2020 says that 34% of survey participants were uncertain about measuring their social media ROI, whereas 30% were able to measure the ROI of their social media marketing efforts.
- In 2023, the mobile social media ad spending would reach 44.7 billion U.S. dollars.
- In 2019, U.S. LinkedIn ads spent was $1.02 billion, which is 40% high compared to the ad spend in 2016.
- In Q2 2019, Instagram captures 45% of social ad spend that accounts for a whopping total spend on the platform.
Video Marketing ROI Statistics
- The number of marketers reporting positive ROI from video marketing peaks at 88%.
- 18% of first-time video marketers started using video in 2019 since they are clear about the ROI from video.
- In 2020, video marketers are investing in social engagement videos among the top four most common types.
- Marketing experts expect an annual growth rate of 4.9% between 2020 and 2024 in Video ad spending.
- Advertising expenses on social video is expected to reach nearly 15 billion USD in 2021.
- 64% of internet users are more likely to purchase a product online after watching a video. Hence, the ROI can be greatly improved using video content to describe the products for better conversions.
- Dynamic video retargeting boosts the business ROI by up to 49%.
- In 2019, the retail industry spent the greatest average amount on digital & mobile video ads from other U.S. agencies and marketers.
Artificial Intelligence ROI Statistics
- According to a survey by Deloitte in 2018 among 1,100 U.S. executives who are considered as early A.I. adopters, 82% reports a positive ROI for their A.I. initiatives.
Mobile Marketing ROI Statistics
- Almost 25% of companies invest in mobile optimization as a top SEO tactic.
- Mobile ad spending is expected to surpass $280 billion by 2022, whereas it was $190 billion worldwide.
- Based on mobile advertising spending, the U.S. was the leading global market in 2019.
- In 2018, India was the top mobile ad market by the highest spending growth globally.
- The location-targeted mobile ad spend alone is expected to reach $32.4 billion in 2021.
Content Marketing ROI Statistics
- 24% of marketers plan to increase their investment in content marketing in 2020.
- Companies spend 46% budget on content creation.
- 72% of B2B content marketers report that their organization measures a significant content marketing ROI.
- The expenditure of content marketing is 62% less than traditional methods but generates 3 times as many leads. Nothing but the great ROI. Hence, brands spend 25%-43% of their marketing budget on content.
- Successful marketers spend 40% of the total marketing budget on content marketing.
- 47% of B2B marketers don’t measure their content marketing ROI.
Voice Search Statistics
- It is estimated that $40 billion in the U.S. and $5 billion in the U.K. will be spent through voice commerce by 2022.
Blogging ROI Statistics
- Marketers who prefer blogging are 13x times more likely to achieve a positive ROI on their efforts.
Paid Marketing ROI Statistics
- In 2017, for every $1 spent on Google Adwords receives $8 in profit through Google search and Adwords, whereas the profit was $2 in 2011.
- On average, Google paid advertising has a 200% ROI. And it converts 50% higher than organic traffic.
- Spending declines on Google text ad to 12%, whereas it increases 41% on Google shopping ads. (Merkle, Digital Marketing Report Q1 2019).
- Retargeting campaigns can result in even 200% better ROI.
- Even, precision retargeting campaigns based on Google Analytics data claim 1300% ROI, says Watchfinder Clocks, U.K.
Influencer Marketing ROI Statistics
- 48% of marketers say that the ROI of influencer marketing is better than other marketing tactics.
- 41% says the influencer marketing ROI comparable to the return on investment from other marketing techniques.
- Meanwhile, marketers claim that measuring and improving ROI is the #1 challenge working with influencers.
- 80% of marketers find influencer marketing is effective.
- On average, for every $92 spent acquiring a new customer, just $1 is spent to convert them.
- Companies that use CRO tools see a 223% increase in their return on investment.
Digital Marketing Budget Statistics
- Only 35% of marketers realized and said that understanding the ROI of their campaigns is “Very Important” or “Extremely Important.”
- The average ROI for brands that use CRM is $8.71 for every dollar spent.
- According to a Hubspot study, 91% of marketers are confident that they invest in programs that influence revenue.
- Brands are likely to award a 1.6 times higher budget for marketers who compute the ROI of their marketing activities.
- 22% of the marketing budget is expected to allocate for marketing analytics alone, which was 9.2% in 2017.
- 39% of marketers say that proving the ROI of the marketing activities is the top challenging inbound marketing task.
- You believe it or not, only 61% of marketers believe that their marketing strategies are effective.
- In 2021, marketers are expected to spend 75% of their total marketing budget on digital marketing than traditional.
- According to the 2018 DMA report, 50% of marketers are now confident that their organization can calculate its ROI.
- A survey by Gartner with CMO’s reveals that over 21% of their marketing budget on advertising.
- Only 21% say they are successful at tracking ROI.
FAQ On Online Marketing ROI Statistics
In addition to the above huge list of digital marketing ROI statistics, I take responsibility to answer some of the typical questions about return on investment of any marketing tactics.
#1 What is a ROI in digital marketing?
It is the ratio between the money you invest in any digital marketing promotions to the profit or loss value it returns.
#2 How do you calculate return on investment in digital marketing?
Digital marketing includes a wide range of sub-platforms like email marketing, social media, organic traffic, paid advertising, mobile marketing, and even more. I insist to calculate ROI of each individual digital marketing campaign.
#3 What are the metrics to consider while measuring the digital marketing ROI?
It includes cost per lead, lead close rate, cost per acquisition, average order value, conversion rates by channel, conversion rates by device, landing page performance, and customer lifetime value.
#4 What is ROI in advertising?
The amount of money you have spent on ads and how much profit you have made from that particular ad campaigns.
#5 What is a good ROI percentage?
The average annual return of 5 to 12% on your passive investment is good and anything higher than that is great. Damn sure, digital marketing techniques are powerful to claim significant ROI.
There are also few other sites we have referred to compile this digital marketing ROI statistics. We have listed only a few, but not all sources above.
Final Verdict On Digital Marketing ROI Statistics
These digital marketing ROI statistics can get you the ideas to take your online marketing campaigns one step ahead.
Which digital marketing strategy works best for the kind of businesses?
Which campaign drives the significant ROI?
How to plan your marketing budget for the next financial year? And, so on. From these statistics, get to know how the marketing strategy makes or breaks the ROI
Despite all, make sure your business offerings really serve the purpose or needs of its target customers. Unless or until you are doing so, no marketing techniques can help you.
If you haven’t started measuring the ROI of your online promotions, take an initiative today! Good Luck!
Sure, I’ll try to keep updating this digital marketing ROI statistics article with more stunning data.